Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Knitty's "Leftovers"

Pattern: "Leftovers" (second size) from Winter '04 Knitty
Random stripe generator

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
2 skeins Berry Blue 9609
1 skein Sage 9705
1 skein Light Country Blue 9709


Needles: US 6, US 7, US 8

Dates: August 2006

Comments: This vest is for my mom for Christmas. She requested a vest that she could wear while cleaning, that would provide her with a little more warmth without hindering the movement of her arms.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I had her pick out the colors online (without telling her what it was for) and they go together very well. I especially like the random stripe generator. I don't think I would have finished this nearly as quickly without it - changing colors at random intervals kept my interest during those endless miles of stockinette stitch!

No comments: