Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Knitty's "Fetching"

Pattern: "Fetching" from Summer '06 Knitty

Yarn: Malabrigo Kettle Dyed Pure Merino Wool in color "Pink Frost"

Needles: US 6

Dates: August 8-9, 2006

Comments: Love love love this yarn!! So soft, such pretty colors - even though it's a million degrees right now, I want to wear these all the time!

The pattern from Knitty was, as usual, quite good. I decided not to do a thumb gusset (because I
wanted some instant gratification and was too lazy to do the math), but I think they're fine anyway. The only thing I would do differently is to add a cable repeat or two over the fingers - the mittens end right at the base of my fingers (as you can see in the picture below), and I prefer a little more coverage on my delicate digits. But I still can't wait to wear these.

No comments: