Friday, September 29, 2006

Baby Pixie Hat in Hunter's Orange



Pattern: Pixie Hat from Knitting For Two by Erika Knight

Yarn: Caron Wintuk in Orange (leftover from Grandpa's hats)

Needles: US 6

Gauge:

Dates: September 29, 2006

Comments: I dislike knitting with this yarn, but I had it laying around and I figured that Jon's daughter needed a hunting hat. I like the way this pattern turned out, but I was unpleasantly surprised when I realized it used knit three together for its decreases. What a pain! Next time I use this pattern (which I probably will - it's a cute baby hat with earflaps) I'll probably try matched k2tog/ssk decreases, just to make it easier on my hands!

Notes after gifting the hat: hmmm... apparently this hat is just the teensy, tiniest bit too tall. She looks either like a chinese emperor or a redneck pope. But since she's a baby, she's allowed to look ridiculous - it's cute! Her mom loved the hat, and is now out looking for a cameo onsie to go with it.

No comments: